Friday, November 5, 2010

I Love Frida Kahlo

Self-Portrait from artchive.com

Hands down my favorite artist in the world is the late Frida Kahlo.  I loved the movie based on her life, all of her paintings (especially the one above), her brief, crazy, beautiful life, and did I mention that my dog's name is Frida?  It seems November is the month for Frida.  Frida and Diego Rivera divorced in November 1939 (but were remarried in December 1940), he passed away on November 24th, 1957, the movie Frida (Handprint Entertainment, 2002) was released on November 20th, 2002 in Mexico, and one of the most recent works about the artist was just released November 1st entitled Frida Kahlo: Face to Face by Judy Chicago and Frances Borzello.  Her work can be permanently found in Mexico City, but from time to time museums all over the world will feature her art.  I would love to one day visit Casa Azul, but for now I'll have to make due with the handmade cards I make in her honor and of course Frida the dog (and her brother Ché). 

No comments:

Post a Comment