I added the jeweled brooch and feather for an added touch of madness. The party itself was a lot of fun. They had the requisite 'Eat Me' and 'Drink Me' opportunities, in addition to several games and a tea party feel with a vodka-infused brew for the adults and lots of very yummy food for all. Take a look at these fun party invitations inspired by Alice in Wonderland.
1. vinmo.blogspot.com 2. nofussfabulous.com 3. urbanitystudios.com
Also, I was surprised to find out:
- Lewis Carroll is a pseudonym for Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
- Although the riddle "Why is a raven like a writing desk" was not intended to have an answer, Lewis Carroll did include several possible answers in the preface for the 1896 edition of the book.
- Kathryn Beaumont provided the voice for both Alice in Disney's Alice in Wonderland (Walt Disney Productions, 1951) and Wendy in Peter Pan (Walt Disney Productions, 1953).
- There is another cat in the story besides the Cheshire Cat: Alice's cat Dinah.
- Alice Liddell (pronounced "little") is said to have been the inspiration for the character of Alice. Her family actually did have a cat named Dinah in real life. Alice Liddell passed away in November of 1934.
- The term "Alice Band" refers to the wide hair bands that Alice wears in illustrations of her done by John Tenniel in Through the Looking-Glass.